Friday 12 September 2014

Five Reasons To Try The Messaging App Hike

Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons
It's been a while since I've started using hike, an instant messaging app developed by BSB (Bharti SoftBank Innovation Pvt. Ltd.) and I must say, that in my experience I like it the most for a few additional features that it offers. Let's see.


We can message all our contacts for free
Hike offers free messaging not just for those who have hike installed, but everyone in your contact list. However, you get only 20 free SMS when you join and you need to keep chatting on hike to increase that number.

Hike Themes
You can set distinct chat themes for all your hike contacts, from a list of predefined themes, which is two-way i.e. it will be commonly visible to both.


Hike Daily Quotes
Hike sends a quote each day, which you are free to block but I don't think that you'd want to because they are all pretty awesome. It's like having an extra quotes app for your daily motivation.

Hike Stickers
Hike offers really awesome stickers, which makes the chats interesting and some times also a polite way to end a dull or awkward conversation.


It retrieves the SIM contacts as well
This one might be trivial but I'd still like to mention. 
When I inserted my SIM into my new smartphone, I skipped the step of importing my contacts from the SIM. I got a little confused as to why they weren't showing any of my contacts on WhatsApp, which I realized shortly but I was impressed that hike didn't need that. It showed all my contacts even before importing.

Besides, if you are an Indian, you must give this app a try; not because it's an Indian app but because it focuses on Indians. There are really cool stickers and themes accordingly. Moreover, they keep updating the stock with new festivals and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment